Accounting in SW Pohoda, ABO format
Importing data to SW Pohoda in ABO format
To make things easier for you, we prepared a description of import of transaction summary in ABO format (.gpc) to SW Pohoda. The ABO format is commonly used in the Czech Republic and Slovakia to exchange financial reports. Its structure is strictly defined.
You may set up the ABO format in SW Pohoda in two steps:
1. Adding Homebanking type service
Start by going to the “Settings” and choose “Homebanking”. Input the name “ComGate ABO” and chose format “ČS Business 24 (ABO)”.
Under “Statement folder”, specify the address, where the transaction summaries in ABO format will be stored.
Under “After processing the statement”, choose whether the ABO files are to be moved to a different folder or deleted. We recommend selecting “move to” with specifying the required directory on the drive.
2. Adding a bank account
Continue by selecting “Settings” and “Bank accounts” - new. Fill-in the following information:
- under “Abbreviation”, input “CG“,
- under “Analytical account”, input “221000“,
- under “Account number”, enter the number found on the Comgate Client Portal in Shop settings. There, choose the specific online store and you will find the number under “Fictive ABO account” under payment methods.
- under “Bank”, input “Česká spořitelna“,
- under Home banking, input “ComGate ABO“.
Payment transaction accounting in ABO format
You will receive transaction summary in the ABO format every day by e-mail and may also find it on the Comgate Client Portal.
The accounting procedure is as follows:
- save the summary file in the folder selected in step 1) of the settings,
- click on “Accounting” and choose “Bank”,
- click on “Record” and select “Upload statement”,
- choose “ComGate ABO“ service
Choose the files to be processed and click “Next”. This transfers the transactions from the file to the accounting record.
You will see the transactions in a summary according to the next screen.
Accounting rules for transactions in ABO format
Variable identifiers are used to pair transactions with invoices. The variable identifier must be identical for an invoice in Pohoda accounting system and the online store transaction. The variable symbol is a part of the data transferred to the payment gateway when initiating payments.
If the sum on the invoice does not match the sum paid via the payment gateway:
- if the sum in the invoice is higher than the sum paid via the payment gateway, only partial payment is paired with unpaid balance outstanding,
- if the sum in the invoice is lower than the sum paid via the payment gateway, the invoice is paid in full and an independent row appears in the bank on the “Documented item” sheet. This may be further accounted independently or paired elsewhere.